What information we collect
Information you provide directly to us:
You are not required to provide information directly to us in order to view the 2communicate site. However, if you continue to browse or use certain functions on the 2communicate website, such as when you register for certain services, access certain content or features, or directly contact us and others through this 2communicate website, we may ask you to provide information, including:
- contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, and mobile number;
- what type of information you would like to receive from us and in which format;
- information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
- search queries conducted on the 2communicate website; and
- correspondence you send to us.
- we do not collect or retain sensitive personal data, such as data concerning health.
Information automatically collected when you visit and interact with the 2communicate website:
When you visit and continue to interact with the 2communicate website, you have actively consented to certain information may be collected automatically, including:
- your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- your browser type and operating system;
- the web pages you were visiting immediately before and after you came to the 2communicate website;
- web pages and eventually advertisements that you view, and links that you click on, within the 2communicate website;
- your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs that are installed on your computer;
- aggregated data about email click-through rates and user video viewing;
- standard server log information; and
- information collected through HTML cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. For more information, please see our discussion of cookies and other technologies.
Information we collect from other sources:
We may access information about you from third-party sources and platforms (such as social networking sites, databases, online marketing firms, and ad targeting firms), including:
- if you access third-party social networking services (such as Facebook Connect or Twitter) through the 2communicate website, your username and connection lists for those services;
- advertisement interaction and viewing data, such as ad click-through rates in the case of, for instance, google adwords and information about how many times you viewed a particular ad; and
- unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that the 2communicate website may combine the information that we collect with information we obtain from third-party sources.
How we use the information that we collect
Embedded content from other websites
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you contact us through the form on this site, we will ask you to provide your name, your e-mail address, website address, country and/or any message you wish to add. We keep contact form submissions for customer service purposes. The information submitted through the contact forms are not used for marketing purposes.
We may use the information that we collect to send you e-mail communications, such as editorial updates, information about your account or changes to the 2communicate website, or promotional messages about our own or our marketing partners’ products and services. If you signed up for one of our email newsletters, we also will send you the newsletter that you requested. When you sign up for a newsletter or as to have a CV sent to you, the information you provide is stored on the mailchimp servers (click here to find out more about their privacy policies).
With your consent, we may use your mobile number to send you promotions, notifications, or other services.
In order to provide our readers with free access to our content, we may at a later date display advertisements on the 2communicate website, many of which are targeted based on information about you. For example, using information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other sources, we may use demographic data or information about your online activities or interests to display targeted advertising that may be relevant to your preferences. Through this process, advertisers reach Site visitors who are most interested in their products, and you see advertising for products or services in which you may be interested. For more information on how cookies and other technologies work, please see our discussion of cookies and other technologies.
We do not currently have any user accounts. Should this change in the future, in order to provide you with an open, but also civil, discussion forum, we would track user involvement in our community discussions. For example, we would keep track of the ratio of how many flagged comments are eventually deleted in order to award badges to our most effective comment moderators. For more information on this process, please see our FAQ section about comment moderation guidelines.
We may use the information that we collect to fulfill your requests for products, services, and information. For example, we may use your contact information to respond to your customer service requests or to enable you to participate in features on the 2communicate website such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards.
In order to learn more about how the 2communicate website is used, we aggregate and analyze the data that we collect primarily through Google Analytics. Our security plugin Wordfence also collects data on visitors to the site through your IP address. One.com acts as our data processor. Our videos are hosted through Youtube. Please click on the respective links to find out about their privacy policies and compliance with EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework requirements. By default WordPress does not collect any analytics data. We may use the information these providers give, for example, to monitor and analyze use of the Site, to increase our Site’s functionality and security, and to better tailor our content and design to suit our visitors’ needs. You always have the choice to experience our sites without personalized advertising based on your web browsing activity by visiting the DAA’s Consumer Choice page, the NAI’s website, and/or the EU online choices page, from each of your browsers or devices. To avoid personalized advertising based on your mobile app activity, you can install the DAA’s AppChoices app here. Even if you choose not to have your activity tracked by third parties for advertising services, you may still see non-personalized ads on our site. By clicking or continuing below and using our sites or applications, you agree that we and our third party advertisers can:
- transfer your personal data to Denmark or other countries, and
- process your personal data to serve you with personalized ads, subject to your choices as described herein.
We may use the information that we collect to prevent illegal activities, to enforce this 2communicate website’s Terms and Conditions and to otherwise protect our rights and the rights of our users.
In addition to the uses identified above, we may use the information that we collect for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
2communicate as well as Susan Agerskov values your privacy, and shares information about our users only under certain circumstances. We will make information about you available to other companies, applications, or people in the circumstances listed below:
- We may share aggregated information or information that does not directly identify you with third parties to help us develop content, services, and advertising that we hope you will find of interest. Please note that we do not share contact information with third parties that advertise on the 2communicate website.
- We may employ third parties to perform site-related services, including database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, data processing, and email and text message distribution. These third parties have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- If you choose to engage in public activities on the 2communicate website, such as posting comments on community message boards, any information you submit can be read, collected, or used by others. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in public activities or submissions.
- We may share information about you to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety or other rights and interests of any person, violations of the 2communicate website’s terms and conditions or as otherwise required by law.
- We may share information about you to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
- In addition to the scenarios identified above, we may share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Please note that third parties may independently collect data about you, including your IP address and information about the websites you visit and the links you click, through cookies, clicks on links, or other means when you visit or view ads on the 2communicate website. For more information, see our section on cookies and other technologies and third party advertising.
To customize your experience on the 2communicate website and to simplify the 2communicate website’s registration process, we provide you with the opportunity to access or interact with third-party services, such as Facebook and Twitter. When you connect to the 2communicate website through these third-party services, we may share information about you with these third-party service providers and they may share data about you with us. Please remember that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party services. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of all third-party service providers. 2communicate nor Susan Agerskov are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
How long we retain your data
We keep contact form entries for six months, analytics records for a year, and customer purchase records for seven years. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Deactivating your account
We do not currently have individual profiles on our site. Should we decide to do so, you will be able to deactivate your account at any time by visiting your profile. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
When you deactivate your account, your user profile will be disabled, but your public comments will remain on the 2communicate website. The 2communicate website has no responsibility to take down, remove, or edit any of your public activities or any submissions that are a result of your public activities. For more information, please review our Terms and Conditions.
Cookies and other technologies
- Cookies. You can change your browser settings to reject all cookies, accept only certain cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Please note that you may need to renew these settings if you delete your cookies after these preferences are made. These settings also may not apply if you are using a different computer or Internet browser. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for one week (7 days), and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after one day. In addition, many third-party advertising networks are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To opt out of having information collected by NAI member companies used for behavioral advertising, to obtain information about the technologies these ad networks might use, and to view information regarding their privacy policies, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp.
- Flash Cookies. You can control how Flash cookies are used by visiting the Adobe Macromedia site, located here. Adobe enables you to allow some Flash cookies from certain websites, limit Flash cookies’ storage capacity, and disallow Flash cookies altogether. In addition, if you use Mozilla Firefox for your Internet browser, you can download the BetterPrivacy add-on to automatically delete your Flash cookies every time you close your browser.
If you opt out of these technologies, you will continue to see advertising displayed on the 2communicate website, but the advertising may not be targeted to your interests.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. If you choose to share contact information with us, you may update or amend this information by contacting us here.
Confidentiality and security
We limit access to contact information about you to only those employees or service providers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We also have adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative procedures to help protect information about you from loss, misuse, and alteration. We use https to ensure a secure connection. Our staff members have also attended seminars on data protection.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the 2communicate website, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Visitors from outside Denmark
The 2communicate website’s offices are located in Denmark. If you visit the site from another country, please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Site may be processed in and transferred to Denmark and will be subject to Danish law. Danish privacy and data protection laws may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using the Site or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in Denmark.
Cross-border data transfers
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Children under 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have collected information from a child under 13, please contact us here.
Questions and suggestions
Effective Date: 24 May 2018